I had a good weekend...until Sunday evening. The joint pain that comes from the Neulasta came early this time. It came early and in full force. Remember I said that my last treatment was easy? Well, I jinxed it! I spent Monday and Tuesday at home. I took Tylenol-3's for the pain but I didn't like the way it made me feel. My heart seemed to race when I took them. I don't know if it's the Tylenol-3's but I stopped taking them just in case. One of the drugs I'm on (Herceptin) has a risk of causing heart problems, so I don't want to take any chances.
Monday I felt like every part of my body hurt. A friend gave me a hug and I flinched. That's how sore I was. Tuesday I woke up with nausea. It's the first day of nausea that I've had during all four treatments, so I guess I feel lucky for that, but yesterday I didn't feel so lucky. Yesterday I didn't even get dressed. If you know me well, you'll know just how horrible I felt. I NEVER stay in my PJs. Never.
But, my friends, by dinner time, I was starting to feel better. I actually cooked and ate supper with the family. It was like the sun was coming out. I felt so much better.
I slept most of the last two days and today, I'm feeling human again. My stomach is calm, I've been able to eat something and even had a coffee without feeling like I'm going to throw up. I still have a lot of (ahem) digestive problems ... bordering on diarrhea. For those of you going through this, I want to let you know that it's okay. I'm sore from the chemicals (feels sort of acidic) but it's livable. I have no blood and no rash this time, so I'm good.
Overall, I feel 100% better than Monday or Tuesday.
I still have to go back to the cancer centre every 3 weeks for the Herceptin (for the next year) and will have my heart monitored to make sure it stays strong. I gotta tell you, though - when the Herceptin is done and I'm COMPLETELY free of having drugs put in my body, I'm going to ring that bell again. You betcha!
No comments:
Post a Comment