Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 5 of recovery

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I have been sitting on my butt since coming home from the hospital on Friday afternoon. I went out once on Sunday evening for an evening Bible study. I was out for just 3 hours but boy did I suffer for it later. If I move my left arm just wrong, I get sharp pains in my side. Unfortunately, I haven't quite figured out which movement causes the pain so I've started not moving it at all. That's NOT a good idea or it will just be harder to recover.

So I dug out the physiotherapy directions and started doing the two exercises that I can do for now (the rest have to wait until the drains are taken out on the 23rd or 24th. I'm sure that this will come as no surprise to exercise-loving folks but I feel better after moving.

I'm hoping to go out to two more church events this week - Thursday night and Saturday night. I'm going to concentrate on getting better so I can conserve my energy.

Wish me luck!

Karen emoticon

1 comment:

  1. I won't be at the banquet, but I hope you have a great time! You are so awesome :) Praying for you always, my friend!

    ReplyDelete