Monday is Thanksgiving here in Ontario so that only gives my Tuesday and Wednesday to get all the pre-surgery checkups and to get all of my work delegated to my team. It's going to be one busy week! I'm so excited to finally be doing something.
I'd asked to see the surgeon because I had a bunch of questions about what to expect and I wanted to talk to him about the reconstructive surgery. He answered all of my questions one by one, with the patience of a saint. When I apologized about taking up so much time with all my questions, he said "don't worry, I've got time". It's nice to have a surgeon who cares about me as a woman and not just the surgery.
I'll be in the hospital just overnight. It seems pretty short but they's found that people heal better at home, surrounded by their own home and more importantly, their family, Of course, I'm not going to be on my own. I'll have a home care nurse coming in to check on my healing, Thank God for nurses!
Then 3-4 weeks after the surgery (after I'm mostly healed), I go back to the oncologist to find out if I have to undergo chemo. I'm assuming the answer will be yes, since this is recurrent breast cancer. That will start 2 weeks later and last for 4-6 months.
Once all that is over and I've recovered enough, then I'll have to see the plastic surgeon to start on the path to reconstruction. So this whole thing could take the next year or more.
No comments:
Post a Comment